Monday, February 16, 2009

REVIEW: L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow


So a friend and I were at Family Dollar yesterday shopping for ingredients for home-made makeup brush cleaner. (I will post how to make it soon!) and while looking for that stuff I stumbled upon L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow. At first I was like "Nah, dollar store eyeshadow???". But it was so sparkly and cute I figured I'd give it a try. And plus, it was only $1.60. This morning I used it and loved it. I created a light, blended Day-Time look. For what I paid for it it was pretty good quality and the pigmentation was decent. I even applied it with the sponge tip applicators it came with and those weren't bad either. I did however, blend them with a little smudge brush. Pretty colors, nice sparkles, fab price. Definitely a bargain buy. Strange though, the palette I got which is named "Darling" (BES431) now, and I am not 100% sure, but appears to called "Unforgettable" (EP 24) on the website. Believe me though, the "two" differently named palettes look identical. Also, check out your local Family Dollar. :] Thanks for reading!

xoxo Jessica




*On My Eyes*
1. Loreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Base
2. 1st color in palette as my highlighter (Silver)
3. 2nd color in palette on my lid (Pink)
3. 5th color in palette on my crease (partially blended into and above lid) (Chocolate)
4. St'yli-Style Liquid Liner (waterproof) in Blackest Black (lid)
5. CoverGirl Perfect Blend Pencil Crayon Eyeliner in Basic Black (waterline only)
6. Maybelline Define-A-Lash VOLUME Mascara in Very Black (top and bottom lashes)

1 comment:

  1. Yes please post the brush cleaner recipe. I don't really want to buy more cleaner. Oh yeah.I sent you the dupe list via email. Let me know if you don't get it!

    ReplyDelete